When working with SSIS, it is not immediately obvious how to deploy a package. Following are my short notes on deploying an SSIS package*.
Deploy the Package
- While in the Package designer, choose Project > [Package Name] Properties. The Configuration manager dialog will appear.
- Choose Deployment Utility from the tree.
- Change the CreateDeploymentUtility option from False to True. Note the DeploymentOutputPath variable. Push OK to close the dialog.
- Open the Solution Explorer and right-click on the .dtsx file and choose Properties. Copy the Full Path variable and use it to find the bin\Deployment folder.
- Locate the [Package Name].SSISDeploymentManifest file. Double-click on the file and follow the steps outlined by the wizard to deploy the package.
Test the deployed Package
- Open MSFT SQL Server Management Studio and choose Connect > Integration Services from the UI. Choose the Server and connect.
- The packages will be saved under the MSDB folder. Right-click on the package to run it.
* To re-deploy a package, follow steps 1-5 again.